Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day Ba Humbug!!!!!!!


I'm not really to interested in celebrating the 4th of July. Simply because my people weren't given our independence on July 4th, we were given our independence on December 6, 1865 when the 13 Amendment was ratified. The previous Emancipation Proclamation was a half ass effort by a desperate Lincoln searching for a way to win The Civil War. The Emancipation Proclamation it self did not free all slaves, it declared free only those slaves that had already escaped the southern slave states and migrated to the northern states, hence it only freed already freed slaves (so they could join the Union Army and Navy, subsequently turning the tide in the war). It wasn't until the 13 Amendment was ratified years later that slaves were truly declared free, but even after it was ratified, Mississippi the lone rogue state refused to sign the Amendment until 1995, talk about being arrogant with your racism...reason number 36 while you'll never catch me living in punk ass Mississippi.

But my question is why isn't my peoples independences relevant enough to be considered a National Holiday? After all that blacks have done for America, we built this country from the cotton fields up, we're even about to see our first Black president but no Black Independence Day??? That's some bullshit for real. I shouldn't ever have to go to work on December 6th again, it should be a paid holiday because we all know Blacks have paid the price in this country and even today we continue to.


Click To Zoom In

2 comments:

Melody.Darlene said...

what is all this nonsense... the 4th of july is just another holiday with an excuse to get ridiculously drunk! hahahah! juuuuust messin!

Mike.Dre said...

@ Melody.Darlene

Thats exactly what I did!!! Friday Oh My! I got so drunk I passed out with my all my clothes on....shoes Included!!