Thursday, July 10, 2008

Game Speaks On The State Of Hip Hop & His Place In The Game. His Response Might Surprise You


I mean I ain't gone lie, I feel every word this nigga is saying. I have really started to feel that same way, and for some time now I've felt that Hip-Hop on a mainstream level doesn't represent what is used to and thus doesn't represent ME. This Crank That bullshit, all this Make It Rain nonsense, all these silly ass watered down Jiggaboo rap dance songs have no place in the Hip-Hop game I came up in. If this is what Hip-Hop has become maybe Joe Budden was on to something when he asked "Did we out grow ourselves, is hip-hop a kid?

Maybe I HAVE outgrown Hip-Hop, the quintessential soundtrack to my life for the past 24 years. Or maybe Hip-Hop has finally transformed into the corporate controlled monster we all fear it would (something I want no part of ). Or maybe we're ALL over thinking it. SORRY, someone had to say. But at least we still have R&B, Right???

No comments: