Friday, February 20, 2009

Californication

Let me try to make a long story short (if that's even possible). I met this chick a few weeks ago, we started kicking and shit. I told her when I met her that I’m not here to play games and that some (almost all) of the women in the past I have dealt with have had issues telling the truth and that honesty is one of the most important things to me in a woman. As time went on she started to get more personal with me asking me to be her valentine (in not so many words), talking about taking me out and doing something special for me and what not. Telling me how she was really feeling all things Michael (and rightfully so), from that point the situation escalated as you can imagine.

Then out of the blue one day she tells me she kinda has a boyfriend. “You kinda have a boyfriend?” was my immediate response. Turns out they had been kinda together for a year. She then tells me he hasn’t been doing the things he used to do when they first started dating and how I do all the things he doesn’t and blah blah blah. Now she’s confused on what direction to go in and she’s been acting all weird and shit. And my whole thing is why not be honest from the start? I gave her plenty of opportunities to be honest and she chose not to and now we’re where we’re at now. She's confused and behaving strangely and I'm just like "Damn, it was all good just a week ago".

Since I live in LA, I have to put it like this, “Why do women in LA have such a problem being honest?” Is Los Angeles itself to blame? Does being surrounded by fake superficial people and smoke and mirrors systematically prevent women in Los Angeles from being honest with anyone? Does this fake town create fake people? Or is it something much deeper?

My question is why not just be honest? Or at least be honest when someone requests you to? If she said she had a dude in the beginning then she wouldn’t be all confused right now and acting weird.

This isn’t an aberration by any stretch of the word; the number one problem I have with women that I’ve dated out in Los Angeles is that they refuse, refuse, refuse to be honest (not only with me but with themselves as well). It happens every time, it’s like I’m dating the same woman over and over again, and it’s just too predictable. The bodies, the faces, the lies change but the story remains the same and ends the same every single time. And I’m honestly supposed to take any of these relationships seriously??

I can only take women as seriously as they take themselves, and for many of them it’s just In-N-Out like a drive-thru. But I do that and I run the risk of being classified as a playa or dog. What’s brother to do? You do you and they’re calling you a dog, a playa, leaving angry voice mails but you do the right thing like a Spike Lee flick and you get lies and games, what would you do?

It’s so easy to sit back and criticize men and our sometimes deplorable behavior and say fuck men, they’re all "dogs" but it’s much harder for a "bitch" to look at herself in the mirror and recognize her own part in this "doggy dog world".

CHUUCH.

But I guess it’s like Ja Rule Said:

I'm talkin bout straight figures if you here, you wit us
If not Boo, you know what....I still fucked you

No comments: