Friday, October 10, 2008

Rocker Chris Cornell Enlists The Services Of Super Producer Timbo On His Latest Album

Former Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell has enlisted the services of none other than super producer himself Timbaland for his upcoming album titled “Scream”. Timbo's had the midas touch as of late cranking out successful pop hits for Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, Madonna and One Republic. So it only makes sense that Chris Cornell chose to link with Timbo, who has some unexpected free time now that he’s not producing The Blueprint 3. Earlier this week on Ryan Seacrest's "On Air" radio show Timbo had this to say about the collaboration between himself and Cornell

"This is the best work I've done in my career."

Cornell was equally enthusiastic about the work and had this to say about how it all went down.

"For me, it was sort of a natural thing, to go out and make a record I hadn't made before. It wasn't a situation where I sat for a long time and thought about what my next move should be. It was quick, and the idea came to me after Timbaland had done a couple of remixes from the Carry On album. It got back to me that he was actually a fan and was interested in doing original material, and I got on the phone with him, and I suggested we go make a whole album. He was interested in that idea, and before I knew it, we were in the studio."

Reports are that the album should be out sometime next month. But the real question is Do I Care? And the answer is kinda. Since I’m a timbo fan and have been one since “One In A Million” my sheer faith in the quality of his production as well as his endorsing the album as the "best work of his career" will encourage me to at least take the time to check out the album.

No comments: