Monday, October 20, 2008

Multi-Tasking

So its Monday morning....back to reality I suppose. Lately I've trying to juggling a lot more things than usual. I’m in the middle of looking for a new apartment, trying to buy a new (used) car, a new HDTV, and researching the prospect of a second job; while at the same trying to appear that I’m not completely asleep at the wheel at work (though heavily distracted). The whole search for the new (used) car has been by far the most stressfull of things on my plate. With my current car on life support I’m feeling the pressure to make some things happen and fast. But with my past financial short comings (credit) coming back to bite me in the ass, on top of the fact that the current financial crisis has banks very hesitant to lend, it’s been increasing difficult to make something happen with this car situation without getting accepting a bad deal. Almost every car dealership that I've encountered has had tried to give me their own variation of greasy, underhanded, high interest rate, hidden charges, everything but the sticker price bullshit. But withstanding all of that I’m determined to get back on the horse until I can get a reasonable deal.

As far as the apartment is concerned I say things are going pretty well. I found one place that I liked at the right price but as soon as I put the application in the manager calls my roommate and informs us that the apartment we were looking at is actually going for a thousand more than what it was advertised online for. So with my budget already about to reach critical mass it looks like I’m going to have to keep looking. But it’s early in the apartment search so I’m not worried. As long I can get in to my new apartment before the 1st black president is elected everything will be fine. Black President party here I come!

With the economy taking a hit and my new apartment potentially costing 30 percent more than my last one I’m starting to feel more and more that robnigga may be right about it being a 2 job market out here in L.A. Now when it comes to my second job I’m pretty clueless as to what I want to or more so what I’m willing to do as a second job. But I do know this, I don’t want my second job to be more stressful than my first one; and my first job is surprisingly stress-free.

No comments: