Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Heavy Rotation

First of all 90 percent of music critics suck they're a bunch of lame ass pieces of shit with little or no understanding of music and a pension for player hatin'. They throw around jargon and buzz words to disguise that fact that they have no fucking idea what they are talking about. And the standard format for writing a music review was created by these same lames. So with that said I am intentionally writing these reviews as opposite from the traditional trashy music review mold as possible. Enjoy.

A slice of UK Pop Heaven… I found a reason to like just about every song on this album except for the overly cheesy single “Love Like This” featuring Sean Kingston, I just hate that song! I thank KIIS FM for that. Though many critics have criticized the album for being too happy and positive I point to the fact that the album IS called "Pocketful Of Sunshine" and thats what it is a very solid and enjoyable happy UK pop album. I been listening to this album pretty regularly for the last week or so. With 11 out of 13 songs in heavy rotation I'd have to say that’s undeniable by my standards.


With the cards stacked against him and with little help from former Dr. Dre understudy Scott Storch, Compton rapper The Game proves he is truly a student of the (rap) game delivering an impressive album. Though the album may not be choked full of catchy singles like the first album The Documentary, it is a solid effort from top to bottom and shows The Game’s growth as a MC. This album definitely has some Certified BANGERS that will be in rotation for years to come and have niggaz dusting off they're chucks and dickies in no time. It was only a few records I just couldn’t bear to sit through such as “Bullet Proof Diaries”, “Ya Heard” and the surprisingly annoying song that I want to like but just can’t “Angel”. So 13 out of 17 worth while tracks is a winner in my book any day.

No comments: