Monday, May 19, 2008

Diddy Says Kanye's Concert "Changed His Life"


In a rare video blog Hip-Hop mogul Diddy keeps it real and has a certified "Brown Sugar" moment as he recollects the story of the day he fell in love with hip-hop, how hip-hop saved his life and how Kanye West's Glow In The Dark Tour changed his life and rekindled his love for hip-hop all over again.

I may not agree with everything diddy says or does (including his contribution to producing bullshit records), but I have to give it to him on this one. He hit the nail right on the head. Everyone who say went to the Glow In the Dark Tour raved about it in the same way that Diddy did, some even called the concert Spiritual, it was that good.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the Glow In the Dark Tour myself, but I did get a chance to experience the Heart of City Tour and without a doubt that concert changed my life indefinitely. Prior to that concert, I had reached a point with hip-hop (more so mainstream hip-hop) where I had all but given up on it. I've been in love with hip-hop music since before I even knew what it was way back in '94. Fastforward to 14 years later 2008, I was all but ready to put in my divorce papers siting inreconcilable differences between me and hip hop. But before the divorce was finalized, I attended the "Heart of the City Concert". And Jay-Z ripped it (at the Hollywood Bowl) and resurrected all those feeling that helped me fall in love with hip-hop in the first place. All I can say is......

[Hip Hop] I Still Love Her!

Check out Kanye's Track "I Still Love Her"

No comments: