Friday, April 3, 2009

RT: Video Games


This blog has been re-posted courtesy of the nihilistic one BlackNintendo

No joke, I have lived for video games ever since I set foot on a powerpad. I might not know everything about games, I don't have the latest systems, and I don't even really play all that much, but video games are the biggest influences by far on my life. I literally work now so that I can have a nice enough apartment with free time and quality equipment for video games. It's not that I am addicted to fun or anything, but there is something to be said for controlling the fate of main characters, basketball players, and fighter ships using only your thumbs and abstract reasoning. I think the significance of what video gaming in our society has just begun. Similar to the novels and films of the previous millennium, video games and their derivatives will be celebrated throughout the Earth as worthy of ubiquitous icon status. 20 years from now, the original Nintendo will be found in museums, and streets in art districts across the will be named after game developers like Miyamoto, and Will Wright.

As you can tell by my 'vision of the future' my love for video games exists on multiple levels, and takes on way too much significance. This is what my blog is about, letting video games tell the story in between the lines, and thriving as humankind's beautiful reflective manifestations of our own earthly ability.

No comments: