Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Happened To The Black Sitcom?


I was watching TV on my 55" Sony High Def TV (Yeah Boi!!!) the other day and my nigga Robnigga asked me why the fuck do I watch so many white sitcoms. And my response was what the fuck else am I going to watch??? There aren't any worthwhile black sitcoms on TV are there? After about 5 minutes of hard pondering we came to the realization that we couldn't name a single black sitcom on TV right now. WTF?

So my question is What Happened To The Black Sitcom?

How did the black sitcom get phased out of TV and get replaced by shows like Flavor of Love and Hell Date?

I remember growing up watching tons of black sitcoms. Shit thats all I used to watch growin' up black sitcoms and cartoons.

We used to have:

The Steve Harvey Show
Martin Family Matters

A Different World
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The Wayans Bros.
The Parent ‘Hood.
In The House
Moesha
Living Single

The Jamie Foxx Show
Hangin With Mr.Cooper

Now what do we have???

What we need is some new Black sitcoms in HD!!!! I need my blackness in High Definition!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, A Different World♥

I'm not black, but I love black sitcoms haha. They're way better than shit like...The Brady Bunch.

I don't understand why that shit is replaced by...um lets see
A REAL CHANCE OF LOVE.

Wtf.
Maybe you should write a letter to all the tv stations that used to show black sitcoms.
Make a difference lol.

Anonymous said...

Black sitcoms are replaced with reality shows because, reality shows are less riskier and things that exploit human stupidity are perceived to be more entertaining. I would also add being prideful about who you are is great, but it is a little closed-minded for your friend to ask you why you watch white sitcoms the world isn't completely black or white, I am not saying that Hollywood isn't biased but I am saying that Reality comes into play eventually...