Friday, April 18, 2008

Lost One



This song just came up randomly as I was listening to my I-Pod on Shuffle. This is without a doubt one of my favorite Weezy songs as of late. It holds a special place close to my heart because I been in that place where Wayne is talking about when he wrote this song. And everytime I hear it, it just hits me in the soul and takes me back to that place.

Quotes:
"Sorry for the trouble that I put you and your heart through
God knows that I'd do anything for a part two, or to
be prayin' for the day you come back to me, sayin' that you forgive me
Give me another chance, I'm needin' it like a kidney
I don't wanna advance, give me back her hands
Give me back her touch, I don't ask for much
but I fucked up, I know I fucked up, I admit I fucked up
but everybody fuck up, now this other nigga lucked up"


"and your boyfriend is not like me
Ma you even went and got a teardrop like me
I remember we would sit at home all day
You called me "Butta", I called you "Babe"
My momma asked about you, my partners did too
I know your daughter will be so amazin' like you
and I know you probably wish you never met me, and I just wish you never forget me
and let me say, please don't worry 'bout the women I have been with
No engagement can amount to your friendship
and I hope that nigga know he got a queen, and all I can do is dream .. DAMN!"

No comments: